Find Help Now

A Homelessness Resource Guide

Experiencing or at risk of homelessness?

Use this page as a resource guide for finding shelter,
food, clothing, and other services and support.

Reach out if you see any resources that we may have forgotten.

Find One Near You

Emergency Shelter

Find an emergency shelter near you!

Call 211 or visit to find details such as: capacity, expectations, groups services, reservations and much more.

Learn about the range of types
of shelters available out there.

Screenshot of the shelter map

Accessing Essential Items

Find Food, Clothing, Showers, and Other Support Services

Call 211 or visit and enter your ZIP code to access food, clothing, showers, laundry, supplies, cell phones, internet access, pet and animal care, and other services.

Visit the direct links below to view more specific resources!

People exchanging a card

Talk to Someone Who Can Help

Support & Crisis Hotlines

Reach our for support, anytime, anywhere!

Find additional trusted resources below and get immediate access to the support services you need that can make a difference.

National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

If you are suicidal or in crisis, the National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline can provide free and confidential support 24/7 for anyone in distress. Available in English and Spanish. Call 988 for support.

MultCo Mental Health Crisis Line

Available 24/7 to provide support for anyone experiencing distress. Language interpretation available.

503-988-4888 or 1-800-716-9769
Hearing Impaired: call 711
Clackamas County Line: 503-655-8585
Washington County Line: 503-291-9111
Clark County Line: 360-696-9560 or 1-800-626-8137

Proyecto UNICA

A confidential sexual assault crisis line, medical accompaniment, support and advocacy in bilingual English and Spanish.
Call 503-232-4448 for help.

Alcohol & Drug Helpline

Support is available for anyone struggling with alcohol or substance use.

503-244-1312 or 1-800-923-HELP (4357)
Español: 1-877-515-7848
Teen Youth Line: 1-877-969-8491

911 | Emergency Dispatch

Call for emergencies, including when there’s a fire or a person’s life may be in danger.

If someone is experiencing a mental health crisis, you can call 911 and request Portland Street Response for a behavioral health support person to respond to the scene.

Reach Multnomah County’s 24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 503-988-4888.

You Have Rights

Civil & Tenant Rights

All residents of Oregon have basic rights, including the right not to be discriminated against or feel threatened or harassed.

If you think you’ve been discriminated against, harassed or threatened, these trusted organizations are ready to help.

Older man holding a red cup